The Accounts Payable Associate is responsible for the accurate and timely processing of vendor invoices for the Construction department. The position works with the Construction Contracts Administrator and Construction Accounting Manager. The position reports directly to the Construction Accounting Manager and may take direction from the Contract Administrator, Accounting Manager or the Director of Construction Accounting and Administration.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Processes invoice batches and draw requests in accordance with the accounts payable manual established policies and procedures.
- Perform research on vendor statements, inquiries, discrepancies.
- Demonstrates an acceptable level of accuracy and productivity in relation to data entry.
- Accommodates requests and answers inquiries made by the vendors, construction department staff, and accounting department.
- Performs special projects for the construction department personnel as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Achieves high productivity through reliable and punctual on-site attendance, and timely reports any tardiness and/or attendance issues to immediate supervisors
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Detail Oriented
- High school diploma or equivalent education.
- A minimum of 3 years previous accounts payable experience in a high volume automated environment.
- Previous construction environment experience preferred.
- Experience with Yardi Accounting Systems preferred.
Yardi, Construction Industry