The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery.
The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth
opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client’s local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top
Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our team is looking to add an Administrative Assistant in Houston with the following responsibilities:
Primary focus will be supporting the Design Management team with their day to day work efforts including:
- General project assistance as assigned by the design management team.
- Administrative support to multiple project managers and staff.
- Gather, track, and report on information relevant to project assignments from multiple sources.
- Set up and maintain files and tracking tools using MS Excel.
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments.
- Produce and distribute meeting minutes, memorandums, and letters, as needed.
- Edit and review documents for grammar usage in MS Word.
- Prepare MS PowerPoint presentations and handouts.
- Maintain and assist with databases.
- Design processes to enhance work flow.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled reports.
- Supporting completion of staff expense reports and time transfers.
- Depending on your aptitude and desire, there are opportunities to advance yourself within the project administration field.
- 2 or more years of experience in an administrative assistant or similar role
- Previous experience working with engineering firms, program management, design management and/or construction management a plus.
- Previous experience with integration of new facilities with existing facilities a plus
- Ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage tasks
- Strong organization, written and verbal communication skills, and an ability to multitask are a must.
- Previous experience working with MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel required.
- Experience with MS PowerPoint preferred
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a drug-free workplace.